Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've always wondered why we eat until we pop on Thanksgiving. I guess it is supposed to signify the feast that the pilgrims had when the American Indians taught us how to properly feed ourselves using resources that were already here. But isn't it a typically American holiday? Eat food covered in gravy, cranberry sauce and plenty of calories to go around. It's basically a day where we celebrate overeating.

I'm excited though. After eating cafeteria food for the past 5 months, I am ready to eat a completely home made meal.

The food at the cafeteria is unrecognizable most of the time.... they have to put signs and information at the stations that the food is served it is so bad. I asked one of the server ladies what was in the "baked chicken" and she leaned over and said "I don't know, but I wouldn't eat it." Needless to say, I did not eat chicken surprise.

So today, I am going to gorge myself with fatty American foods and spend time with my family and participate in a completely AMERICAN tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment